What started as a small town butcher shop in 1946 has grown into an award-winning, USDA-inspected plant supplying restaurants, businesses and local families the best local cuts.
Three generations of pride
We are proud to be a third-generation, family-owned meat processing company. For 72 years we have provided our customers with delicious, high-quality meats at an unbeatable value. We are blessed with a wide variety of customers: families who grocery shop in our retail store, restaurants and organizations that rely on us for delicious meat items for their menus and farmers that trust us to custom process their animals for their customers. Our commitment to exceptional service can be seen in every sale. We thank God for the provision of work to do and excellent staff to accomplish it.
Why we are different
- We supply some of the largest food service companies in the USA
- We unconditionally guarantee all our products and services
- Our meat cutters have a combined 135 years of service at Byron Center Meats
- A portion of our income is donated to local charities each year
- Customers drive from as far as Northern Michigan, Indiana, and Illinois to shop in our store or have their animals processed
- We partner with Michigan State University in developing new trace-ability and bar coding technologies
- We are closed on Sundays so our employees can spend time with their families and have a day of rest and worship
- A third generation, family business located in the same community for 72 years. We love Byron Center!